Stephanie Krahl and her horse Ransom
Since most people like to know about formal training, I’ve included a list of some of the formal education and experience I’ve had in natural hoof care, horsemanship, etc. This is not an exhaustive list – just a few bullet points of things that I’ve done in the past that are relevant.
- Started studying and using natural hoof care in 2002
- Natural Hoof Care and Trimming Experience from 2002 – present
- Natural Hoof Care Formal Training – Association for the Advancement of Natural Horse Care Practices (AANHCP)
- Introduction to Natural Hoof Care: January 28 -29th of 2006 – Pete Ramey (Hosted and attended two of these clinics January 2006 & February 2007)
- Introduction to Natural Trimming (Cadaver Hooves): May 19, 2006
- Introduction to Natural Trimming (Live Horses): May 20, 2006
- Formal natural hoof care mentorships completed: October 21, 2006, November 4, 2006, April 14, 2007
- Hoof Anatomy Clinic: Completed July 16, 2006 – Todd Jaynes
- Various other natural hoof care mentorships Summer 2006
- Natural Trim Workshop: November 4, 2007
- Pete Ramey – Under the Horse 16 Hour Hoof Rehabilitation Series (Note: 20 hours CE credit available for veterinarians and vet techs)
- Cushings and Insulin Resistance course: December 2009 – Dr. Eleanor Kellon
- Since August of 2000, I have completed many other educational courses on natural hoof care, natural horse-man-ship and saddle fitting.
Check here for more information on Stephanie.